Monday, November 2, 2009

Home again, home again

Wow. So I realize its been freaking forever since I've blogged. Its not because I haven't had anything to blog about...I just either haven't had time or haven't thought about it. I'm still pretty new at all of this, so you'll have to forgive me.

There have been some changes to the Shepherd Clan as of late. In the first part of October we moved to a new apartment. While it was somewhat overwhelming, we are pretty excited about our new place! Its actually an old denim factory that has been converted into several really urban "loft apartments". Our new place is much cooler than anywhere we've lived, and I think it really expresses our style better as well. You can see pics of the new place on my facebook page by clicking on the facebook badge.

The boys had their first real Halloween experience last weekend! They're both into this thing where they crouch down and roar like dinosaurs, so Sarah thought it appropriate that they should dress as dinosaurs to go trick-or-treating! They had such a great time, and came home with a TON of candy in each of their plastic pumpkins. Again...pics on my facebook page!

We also discovered that there is a beautiful park within a less-than-10-minute walk from our front door at our new place. The boys love playing on the rolling hills of the park, as well as running through the wide open spaces. We are certainly looking forward to the duration of our stay at the Loft more than anywhere else we've lived. There are two downsides to the new place, though. One of which is that it is about an extra 10-20 minute drive for me to get to work during the week (depending on time of day, the traffic can be horrific). The other is that it is only a two-bedroom apartment, which means we're ALL trying to adjust to the boys sharing a room for the first time in their lives. After a month of being here, it has gotten somewhat smoother. But we are still working out the kinks, and probably will be for some time.

On a totally unrelated note; I have given thought (again) at trying my hand at writing a book. I've got more time to sit and think of nothing in my longer commutes, which lends itself to my mind wandering uncontrolled and unrestrained... I haven't determined if that's a good thing or not, but I've been trying to log some of the ideas and "visions" (if I may use that term in this context) to come back and work on them later. I haven't really even begun to settle on a story line, but this is my most ambitious - and yet somehow realistic - topic yet.

More on all of this to come later. In the meantime I will try to get better at posting more regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment